Skip to content
Top 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Moving
- Don’t try to do it all yourselfIt’s tempting to rent a truck and round up some friends to help you move. However, if you’re moving more than a dorm room, it’s time to hire a real professional.
- Don’t forget to read reviewsIt’s easy to pick the mover with the lowest price. However, when selecting your mover you should carefully consider reviews to ensure you’ll be satisfied.
- Don’t forget to clean outIt’s tempting to throw all your stuff in boxes and move it all to the new location. However, you can significantly lighten your load by cleaning out.
- Don’t try to move last minuteMoving is a long process that requires planning in advance. Oftentimes, moving companies will get booked in advance – especially for moves at the end of the month.
- Don’t forget to ask about additional servicesMoving companies may be able to offer additional services like storage services or appliance installation.